Hey everyone! So my birthday is tomorrow and I am BEYOND excited for the next 365 days. I’m about to spend a weekend away with my church, my flight to Cuba is booked, and I am focusing on some professional and personal vows I’ve made for my 25th year.
For this post, I thought I would share some of the things I’ve learned in the short time I’ve been on this beautiful, terrifying Earth. Although I have SO much more to learn, these little nuggets of wisdom have truly helped me live instead of just survive.
I thought long and hard (that’s what she said) about this list, so I encourage you to really take your time reading through each one. If you just incorporate one or two of these practices into your life, I promise it will make a world of difference.
CHEERS TO 25!!
1. Stop letting other people dictate your life.
2. Surround yourself with people that lift you up.
3. Be kind.
4. Say thank you. And mean it.
5. Date with intention. Loneliness is not an excuse to get into a relationship.
6. Cook your own damn meals. It will save you money and it tastes better.
7. Read more. If you want some suggestions, hit me up!
8. Don’t let the future scare you. Let it excite you.
9. Be vulnerable. Say what you feel.
10. Travel. Get out of your little bubble.
11. Channel your creativity. Don’t say “I’m not creative” because, as humans, we were made to create.
12. Stop trying to change other people. It never works.
13. Talk to strangers (when you’re old enough). Making connections strengthens you socially, professionally, and spiritually.
14. Wine is good for the soul.
15. Do things that scare you. Get out of your comfort zone often.
16. Help others. Share your knowledge and talents with the community.
17. Wake up early. You’ll be more productive and feel less rushed.
18. Arrive on time.
19. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. People love to teach!
20. Keep a journal so you can look back on it later in life.
21. Go outside and get dirty.
22. Grind your own coffee beans. It tastes amazing and it makes waking up much more exciting!
23. Stop being so sensitive. Taking offense only illuminates your own insecurities.
24. Talk to yourself the way you would talk to your hero. Would you tell Oprah or Beyonce that they are ugly/ stupid/ not good enough?
25. Don’t wait for motivation to slap you in the face. Get started before you’re ready.
What would you add to this list? Comment below!